Monday, May 18, 2009

New Podcast!

So I've been itching to do a podcast since my rehab days at Mount Sinai. Now that I'm proficient with my quad hands and audacity, I finally got it together. It's a work in progress so bear with me as my editing skills develop. It's also not easy with the nuvois device as it makes that robotic buzzing noise. Still, at least I can speak audibly and am psyched to get this thing going. In about a month, I'll go to Boston for another surgery toward getting the trach out but until then, I want to have some fun and enjoy the good weather.

The target audience is for the newly injured, those in rehab, transitioning out and their loved ones. It's to address issues with navigating the health care system, and to mobilize this group for a cure. It's also to inform the general public through reaching loved ones of spinal cord injury. There are many of my loved ones who are still in the dark about what my injury is and what it means. It's not something to feel sorry for but to be enlightened by, to examine oneself.

Finally, it's also to just have fun! (agosar!) To hear real people who despite all of what this injury entails find friendship and can have a flippin' good time! So there will be some music and smack talk in the mix as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment