Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I played guitar!

Nothin fancy, but it felt good to pluck strings again. I had the music therapist put one of those dunlop thumb pics on me and she gave me her acoustic. It's hard to keep the pic straight and sturdy for a solid sound but it's a start! I can even press the high E and B strings with my middle finger! I didn't give much reaction as to not get any hopes up but I gave input as to how I wanted to proceed from there. "Maybe you'll get more return..." she said. I had to stop her right there. "Listen, I'm here to play music and feel good. That's it. I don't like when people add in hopes of me gaining this or that. That, does not feel good. I also don't like you playing therapist with me."

Lately she had been rubbing me raw, trying to get into a psychologist role, asking about my feelings every time she screwed up on the recording process. I would just stop and need to take a breather, but she would nudge me to "let it out."

So hopefully she got the message and I can move forward and even play with her out of the room. Wow I've really grown to dislike her!

I played guitar! I won't call myself a guitarist again but I can dabble at least. We'll see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment