Friday, September 17, 2010

Grateful

Today is day 6 lying in bed with an excruciating bladder infection. For the second time, I had to fight to get a urinalysis because the doctor at Beth Abe doesn't want to give me antibiotics! I understand why, but if I need them why deny me them? why not at least check? He just kept throwing pain meds at me which didn't work. But praise God my provider for putting people in my path to change his mind, expedite a urinalysis. But by day 5, the pain was so horrendous I cried for my mother!

Today I told my father to look into checking me back into mount sinai KCC2 because they would take care of me best between my spinal cord injury, catheter, nerve pain, trach, etc. I could feel my energy draining with him on the phone. I then just cried to God to provide a way, strength, a person, something that will help me through this. Just then, a woman came in. It was Pat, my new nurse case manager. I cried and filled her in. My phone had died so I needed her help plugging it in to talk to my dad again. He had talked to Dr. Bryce at Mount Sinai and he said I didn't need to be admitted but made some pretty good simple advice for my knucklehead doctor which I gave him his number! Take out the catheter for a few hours and take a fresh urine sample.

I was able to take a nice nap after the nurse removed the catheter and by 6pm she put in a new one and I have not felt so bad since. I'm on Levaquin and on oxycontin for pain which is just enough to help me sleep! I have to drink plenty of water and watch what I eat so I don't become impacted! Continue to pray for me as I am going for surgery to remove the catheter business soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment