Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Girding the Mind

Tomorrow I have surgery and I seem to be pretty calm about it. I've been on a liquid diet for two days and gearing up for my colonoscopy tomorrow. I have to drink up to a gallon of "GoLytly"-a liquid that flushes the system so they can look into my colon.

The reason why they're doing the colonoscopy is because my intestines have been severely irritated for over a month now and no one knows why. I haven't been able to eat normally or go normally. I had to change my bowel routine to exclude enemas and bowel irritants. It's very hard for someone who is paralyzed to "go" without some laxatives and digital stimulation! Needless to say, I've been struggling with with a lot physically. I have a lot of nerve pain, constipation, and irritable bowels. I hope they can continue the surgery as planned without any major complications. I'm relying on the Great Physician to get me through.

I've been listening to The Comforts: a CD for those who are hurting. The music is wonderful and soothing and the scripture from Joe focht is on point!

Thank you for your prayers and I'll see you soon.

Maranatha!

Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment