Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goodness like a fetter

It's beem a while since I've written, just me and my thoughts. I've been bored, antsy, amped. The Lord knows all my ways, my thoughts and needs. He and the Spirit (The living word of God and His Spirit that dwells in me) has been speaking loudly and yet I still struggle. For one thing, I've become less critical in my thoughts towards others because of my own conviction! Regardless of my feelings, there is no one that can love me better than Jesus, that can make my heart swell with utter gratitude. I know that in essence, nothing matters but the word of the Lord and that now, just as in my most painful days, I must stay fettered to it. I am so thankful that the saving power of Jesus has no expiration, knows no bounds. Jesus and the power of his resurrection remains my central hope. I see how his word has been fulfilled in real time, and that the wisdom of this world is pure foolishness. From the decree to rebuild Jerusalm on the first of Nisan in 445 BC, it has taken exactly 173,880 days of the Hebrew calendar for Jesus the Messiah to enter Jerusalem as King on the 10th of Nisan 32 AD. For a more detailed explanation of that calculation, this is a great article. Daniel's prophecy is precise and again, speaks of the divine inspiration of the scriptures. Knowing this, I await my Messiah's return before the last 70th week or 7 years. Israel is centered in the news again, a burdensome stone for all nations. It's even marking American politics as the president and 2012 candidates are fighting to secure the "Jewish vote." Whatever plays out among men, the Lord's word will be accomplished at an appointed time.

Speaking of appointed times, I am celebrating my first Rosh hashanah or feast of trumpets next week. I've realized that these feasts or appointed times are also prophetic and speak of God's kingdom on the horizon. I'm excited to celebrate with Jewish believers and look toward the "trump" of God.

I'm also excited to travel more now that I'm stronger. I'm starting to feel incredibly limited in terms of where and when I can travel on accessaride. If the Lord tarries, I plan on driving again. I have no idea what lies ahead, but I'm grateful my health has stabilized enough that I can actually look forward to life again. Just how long can I go without an ailment from my condition??

No comments:

Post a Comment