Wednesday, December 16, 2009

pressing toward the mark

It's been a while and a lot has been going on. I'm enjoying my new ipod! already I've learned to post video on the podcast, check it out! Latest download is Casting Crowns, a dynamic rock christian band and it's great to have portable music!


My therapy program here ended and I need to continue especially for trunk and balance control. I have a difficult time holding myself up in thte chair and propelling all day and it's depressing. I need more therapy.


Yesterday was the monthly SCI support group meeting. We go around and say what we're doing, goals, etc. I did'nt really feel like sharing. I don't feel anybody there cares. A couple of guys share and they talk about how they've gotten closer to God all this but it's clear they still dabble in the world. I hear one kid talk about how high he gets and he's sporting this marijuana ring, and he says how he used to be down about being injured but his friends said life goes on he should "do him." Now the whole "do me" mentality is far from christianity and I told right there on the spot. I told him, Jesus came here to be a servant, not to "do him." No one needs to be a biblical scholar to know that. The two tried to tag team it, justify it like it meant to do what they enjoy--which it does. But they included music, poetry, weed. They just threw that in there! Like the serpent in the garden, they make it sound so innocent and well, God never said...I've had issues with these things as well and I had to seriously pray about them and ask God to lead me to His truth. When I made the commitment to follow Jesus, His spirit began to convict me and it's been hard! Reallly hard! But clearly His word says, "If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23. But this is the process of becoming a new creation. I'm learning we're constantly being sanded down and a big part of thaat is through fellowship with other believers. You can't just have a bible and wing it. I realize this kid is not in fellowship, maybe I should invite him.

I still struggle with my shortcomings. I don't always give people much grace. I've been praying about this. I've been praying to forgive those staff who wrong me, for God to have mercy on them. Most of all, I pray for God's angels to protect the residents here while giving me the wisdom to navigate the system.

It's getting cold and I don't like going out but I just got scheduled to continue therapy at mt. sinai 2 days a week! I hope it goes well...


No comments:

Post a Comment