Monday, January 2, 2012

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom


I just devoured another book, an ebook on my new nook color. It's quad friendly, making page turrning a breeze! I read "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom. I highly recommend it for everyone. Going through quadriplegia makes me thirsty for tales of survival, particularly from other believers. Corrie Ten Boom and her family were led to protect Jews during German occupation in Holland. For 2 years, they hid Jews in their homes until they were caught and sent to Nazi concentration camps in Holland and Germany. Corrie describes their experience and how they were able to endure by the Grace of God. It was primarily through her sister Betsie that she learned that God had them there for a reason and that they could find joy in their circumstance. Focusing on opportunities to minister to even their persecuters, Betsie saw the work that God would lay out for Corrie as a result of their suffering. Joni Eareckson Tada shares a similar realization from her own suffering and it's no surprise that she writes the forward. I, too, share this testimony; that through my ordeal becoming paralyzed, I could minister to others and learn to depend on Jesus for his Grace. I am not strong in any of this. Often I'm scared, anxious, and feeble. Quite honestly, I didn't think I'd live this long. Between my raging UTI's and trach problems, I've felt at the edge of another great height, bracing for a long fall before being lifted up on eagle's wings. Still, I'm here, and am convinced He has more to show me before taking me home.


No comments:

Post a Comment