Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New sensations

The nerve pain I've been feeling in my butt and legs seem to be indication of other things going on in my body lately. It started out with a raging UTI. The nerve pain in my lower extremities was so intense! Like fire and ice! I knew something was up, so I had the doc check my urine just 'cause 9 times out of 10...

More recently, around routine time my butt really began to burn so I asked the nurse to check me. I had pooped a hard, fist sized turd! Now that would obviously cause some pain! After that, I notice that every time I get stimulated and begin to move my bowels, my nerve pain goes away. It's like a warm wave of goodness and I feel so relaxed. It's the relief of me moving my bowels! I can also feel when someone rigorously stimulates me during routine. I can't feel their actual finger, but I feel something. It's hard to explain. It's a new sensation I'm feeling and I have no idea what it means in terms of return of feeling. I still can't feel on the surface nor have I gained function in my hands, legs, or torso so it doesn't mean much but it is strange and worth noting.

I started therapy again downstairs since I've been so weak. I've lost a lot of weight so my father has been feeding me any way he can! I'm working hard and tired most days. Outside is less appealing. I miss my Ithaca fall time: walking through leaves, the warmth of staying in and only occasionally hitting the porch. That was a different life ago and although I miss it's simplicity, I was very lonely for my family then. Ah well. Here's to another hibernation. Drink some scotch for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment